Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resin Trials

Andreas and I had a go at resin casting! Using left over material from my business Konstant Kaos Designs, we sealed the material and then placed them in a cheap ice cube tray. We are still learning all about resin casting and mixes and although the pieces were a bit crumbly, we were still happy with our first step!


The material used for the resins, are left overs from my pouches and Obi's which are for sale on etsy. I might make some badges or pendants from the resin buttons.

I came across this site, Over the Rainbow, which sells moulds, so we might buy some from these guys and see if they work better.

2 comments:

  1. They look excellent. Can you put a magnet on the back, fridge magnets or notice board magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing with resin. I'd just started playing with moulds and things when I got pregnant, so had to put that on hold for a while.

    ReplyDelete